HayesJupe's Blog

April 29, 2013

SCOM 2012 RTM wont upgrade to SP1

Filed under: System Centre — hayesjupe @ 4:20 pm

When upgrading a clients SCOM 2012 to SCOM 2012 SP1, I was getting the incredibly frustrating error

“Host not found”, followed by

SCOMError

A bunch of googling came up with info that didn’t help resolve the issue….

The event logs were fine…. so, due to the error “host not found” – I put wireshark on there, to try and find which host was “not found”

Turns out, who-ever installed SCOM 2012 (and made a bit of a mess of it) had upgraded from 2007 – and the old SDK server was still in the registry under 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\System Center Operations Manager\12\Reporting\DefaultSDKServiceMachine

 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Reporting\DefaultSDKServiceMachine

Since the old SCOM server was long gone, I had nothing to lose, so I updated the values to be the current SCOM server – and away we went.

Simple fix – took a while to find.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: